Idea - CricFire Version of Fantasy Cricket

Discussion in 'Cricket Competitions' started by Cabinet96, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

As you know I am regularly trying to organise active things on the forum :p Here's another one.

Ok so here's the idea. Say for a tournament involving 3 or more teams we do our own auction, using CF, and then the results of the tournament effect how well our team does. The people who do best will get a significant amount of CF, meaning they gain from the competition. It will basically be like Fantasy cricket, but instead of getting results from each match, it will be for the series as a whole.

Here's an example of how it would work. Say you have Ricky Ponting in your team and he gets 500 runs from 5 matches at an average of 100 and a strike rate of 100, you will gain lots of points. If he gets 100 runs at 20 in the series with a strike rate of 60 you will gain very little points.

The price of players in the auction will depend on sought they are. I.e. Yuvraj Singh and Shane Watson will be very expensive.

What do you think? (I'll do the running) I was thinking we would need at least 5 people to play.

2. Rager

Rager Active Member Staff Member

I am in. I am still not sure about how this will work.

When you say, tournament involving 3 or more teams - we rarely get series like these. :hmm:

3. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

I was thinking the tri series between India, Sri Lanka and Australia. You could also do it for Asia Cup and the World T20 in september.

I'll try and explain in more detail later.

4. Rager

Alright. Let's do it!

5. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

It will basically be like an IPL auction except using CF. How well your team does in the competition defines how much you gain in Prize Money.

It's just like Fantasy cricket but for a whole series and you use CF to buy players.

------------------

Ok, one thing. We will do a bidding process for each player but there's just one problem. For the Australia, India and Sri Lanka tri series there will be about 30-33 players. But if we have, say, 5 members, there won't enough players for everyone. So I was thinking a player can go the 2 highest bidders, not just the highest bidder. Then there will be 66 possible players to pick, enough for 6 people. I think if we have 6 or more people we should do a player goes to the 3 highest bidders.

------------------

What I haven't decided is if we should have a cap on the amount you can spend on buying your team.

------------------

P.S. You think I should move this out the Staff Forum?

6. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think to keep matters simple. Everyone gets to pick a team of 5. Auction will be easier and stuff thereafter as well.

------------------

Yeah, move it out

7. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

5? Ok fair enough. Should we do budget caps?

8. CoverDrive

Yes! So Binning doesn't abuse us :p :p hehe

9. Afridi

Afridi New Member

i dont get it, so i get to chose a team??

10. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Ok what sorta reigon. 20 mil?

------------------

You buy players that will represent you. How well they do effects how well you do. It's like Fantasy cricket.

------------------

I think we should have a squad a then pick say 5 players for each match.

11. CoverDrive

1. We'll auction each player one by one (two or three). Bid will stay open for like 24 hours.
    2. You will end up with a team of 5.
    3. Let's say Yuvraj scores 100. You will score 100 points in Fantasy.
    4. Person with most points at the end of the series (Ind v Aus v SL) will win a prize money of something like 100 MIL.

12. Afridi

Afridi New Member

So lets start??

13. CoverDrive

Wait for Cabinet. Also, start a new thread Cabi :)

14. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

Alright, this must be fun !

15. Rager

Members with more money going to fancy expensive players. :(

16. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

@ Dictator I believe there's gonna be a limit !

17. Rager

18. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Damn straight. And I will start a new thread. I was thinking one thread simply for auctions, others for discussion.

I think it should be by averages at the end of the series. Otherwise it will favour top order players. Strike Rate can be a factor as well. Same for bowlers.

19. Rager

Agreed on by averages. :agree:

20. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

I think before we do the auction we need to decide who points will be distributed. I say we do average times a 10th of strike rate. So an average of 50 at a strike rate of 100 would be 50 x 10 = 500 points.

Not sure about bowling.