Ganguly recommends split captaincy

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Pablo_Picasso, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Pablo_Picasso

Pablo_Picasso Member

2. Rager

Rager Active Member Staff Member

Looks like Ganguly reads my and other CF fellow members posts.

Sourav Ganguly, the former India captain, has said India should have different captains for Tests and limited-overs matches in order to ease the workload on MS Dhoni, who is leading in all three formats as well as keeping wicket. Following India's defeat against England at Eden Gardens, the first time they have lost back-to-back matches at home in 12 years, Ganguly said the selectors should follow the example of most countries in order to get the most out of Dhoni.

"Every team in the world has gone with split captaincy. I am not saying the selectors should sack Dhoni and say, 'You're out'. I have always said there is too much burden on him. I think we are losing MS Dhoni as a player," Ganguly told Headlines Today, an Indian news channel. "Captaincy and your ability as a player are interlinked, I think Dhoni is a much better one-day captain than he is a Test captain.

Read more: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/596561.html

3. Piethepker

Piethepker New Member

Yeah, split the captaincy.

4. Bond

Bond New Member

Ganguly has been harsher on Dhoni before. I agree with him, but I also sort of think he wants Sehwag to become captain, which would also suck

5. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

^:agree:

Ganguly has his own agenda.

All the corrupt people are gonna kill the game. Hope there comes a time when people like Kumble, Dravid and Tendulkar control the Board. That will make cricket better.

6. bablu1994

bablu1994 New Member

Kumble aint a saint.

7. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

What did he do? :ponting2:

8. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well, can't assume him to be a saint either. For all we know....

9. Bond

Bond New Member

I don't think he's corrupt (#inb4Picasso), but he is biased

The first thing guys like them should be doing to help Indian cricket is get county contracts for Kohli and Pujara. No doubt they can find a side, if not in division 1, then division 2. I don't want the two of them to suck against the moving ball

10. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

He is a man of integrity. That conflict of roles scam was not a big deal. Blown up by useless people. :thumbsdown:

11. bablu1994

bablu1994 New Member

and what did Ganguly did to be labeled as corrupt?

12. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

TBH, I didn't mean to include Ganguly in that category. By corrupt, I was referring to Srinivasan and the current gang.

Problem with Ganguly is his bias towards certain players and that might affect his decisions if he is to occupy a powerful role.

That won't happen with Kumble or Dravid or Tendulkar. 100% guarantee.! :agree:

13. Rager

I want Laxman to take control.

14. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

Speaking of Kumble, I went through his Wide Angle.. Didn't buy it but looked good. Some really funny moments that happened on tours and behind the scenes.

A sample -
    [​IMG]

Enactment of Sholay.. Sachin plays Gabbar, Kumble Thakur. Zaheer and Dhoni play Veeru and Jai.
    Also, Gambhir appears as a comical character.

Those were damn funny. :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl: :rofl:

15. Binning

:ponting17: Post em all here!

16. Rager

Video?

17. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

I dont have that book. This was the only photo available on web. :kohli1:

No. Only photos.

18. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Well-Known Member Staff Member

19. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

You should see Gambhir as a blondie and all those stuff.

LOL! :cantstop:

20. Binning

Then you have my permission to find that book and post the pictures!

Tags: