FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cabinet96, May 8, 2014.

1. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

Germany 3 and Argentina 0

2. kumar713

kumar713 Well-Known Member

3. Binning

Der Fuhrer will score for Germany along with Steiner

4. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Well-Known Member Staff Member

Germany 2 Argentina 1

5. kumar713

6. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

Lots of chances but poor finishing.

Messi hasn't run since about the 70th minute. :facepalm1:

7. Binning

Its time for you people to hail hydra :boss:

8. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

We're world Champions babeh!

All hail super Mario!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Well-Known Member Staff Member

Argentina has played so many extra-time exams and had only 1 day of rest

10. Rain.

Rain. Active Member

World cup winning assist Andre Schurrle 14. Such a gun player.

André Schürrle scored or assisted a goal once every 63 mins at the 2014 World Cup. Incredible record. #GER

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  11. kumar713

Schurrle WAG

12. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

All these Chelsea players are under-cooked. I really believe that. Not denying the potential but these guy need 2 years to turn into solid players.

Willain, Oscar, Hazard, Schurle etc. #justsaying

13. Rain.

Rain. Active Member

Yeah I do agree what you meant. But they're all young and only gonna improve. Willian and Schurrle only moved to Chelsea last season both of them didn't got many chances to play at the start especially Schurrle but as the season progressed both of them became much better.
    So I think they'll both be much better this season as far as adaptation is concerned.

As for Hazard he had a very very good last season he improved much compared to his first season. He's the player who have enormous potential I can really see him having a breakthrough season this year. He's just incredible I mean he has everything pace, strength, creativity and shoot, skills etc.

And Oscar we all know how he started last season he was just simply majestic scoring goals for fun etc. but after January he burned out and haven't looked the same player since then although he had a fairly good world cup individually. All he needs is just a good long rest and he'll be fine.
    He's the player whom I think is the 2nd best midfielder of the lot and he has a lot potential. The thing is he has played like 127 games in 2 years (Club+Country) that led to the burnout.

14. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Schurrle had a very good World Cup, but I hope you appreciate the sub-impact rule. The average sub will always score or assist more frequently due to teams usually searching more for a goal late on in games and them being fresher. This is even more the case in a World Cup where games often go 120 minutes and in Brazil where it can be hot. That's not to berate him btw, the reason Germany won is they could bring players of the calibre of Schurrle and Gotze on off the bench.

15. Rager

Rager Active Member Staff Member

Germany! :woot:

16. Rager

Rager Active Member Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016