Thread: Whatmore meetings with PCB positive

Binning is offline Super Moderator

Whatmore meetings with PCB positive

Dav Whatmore has said he had positive meetings with members of the Pakistan board in Lahore but there has been no definite decision taken yet on whether or not he will be the new Pakistan coach. Whatmore, who has previously coached Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, had discussions with the panel the PCB appointed to select a coach and the Pakistan selectors, and also had a courtesy meeting with PCB chief Zaka Ashraf.

"We had some good discussions," Whatmore said. "A decision either way will be made later in the month. It's a case of whether both parties can see a way forward."

While Whatmore and the PCB both maintained no appointment had been made, Whatmore said coaching Pakistan would be an opportunity he would relish. "If I do get the job it will be another challenge in my career," he said. "Pakistan have the potential to be a pretty decent team. They've done well in recent times. If I am with the team every effort will be directed towards ensuring the team is super-competitive."

More Information here - http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/549720.html

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    To be honest, we need a coach who has played some Test cricket. I don't know on what basis Kirsten recommended Fletcher. Perhaps he played a lot of first class cricket. But he has played just 6 or 7 ODIs! Even Kohli has more experience than that. Why does BCCI (or for that matter Eng when they had Fletcher) make such appointments? Have they completely lost their brains? Do they want a coach or an administrator?

Rager is offline Coach
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/8210.html

Pakistan to hit even more rock bottom. Who gave this guy a pass? This is really irritating, to be honest.