Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Thread: West Indies v Australia 1st Test at Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by Binning View Post
    What's Tendulkar gotto do here ? Bashing the poor guy for no reason what so ever you need to retire from the forums
    Dude...both of them look pathetic out there...

Binning is offline Super Moderator

Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squashed.bugaboo View Post
    The umpires should have called it off at 5:30p.. it's disgusting. If they couldn't wrap it up by then, too bad.. they failed to win. Plain and simple.
    No, just no. Are you thick? There were several breaks due to rain and bad light, so you make it up at the end of the day. What really was disgusting was the outrages time wasting done by the West Indies players. If you think the session should only be 2 hours when the fielding side are bowling at 11 overs per hour then your wrong! It's just like what Pakistan were doing against England in Karachi 2001. What happened in that game is about the only thing I respect Bucknor for, because he didn't take any **** that Moin Khan was doing. What was so funny about that game in 2001 was that Pakistan really shot themselves in the foot, as they ended up having to field in the dark and couldn't see the ball. Had West Indies been in a position to win then I agree that they should have gone off, but as Australia were the team in the driving seat then they should have continued.

Also your forgetting that it has to be unsafe for them to go off. No one wants draws, so they were obviously going to play on if it was safe.

------------------

Australia were given a certain amount of overs to get it in, and they did it.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

Bugoo is just moaning cuz he had put money on a draw and he lost it :troll:

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    No, just no. Are you thick? There were several breaks due to rain and bad light, so you make it up at the end of the day. What really was disgusting was the outrages time wasting done by the West Indies players. If you think the session should only be 2 hours when the fielding side are bowling at 11 overs per hour then your wrong! It's just like what Pakistan were doing against England in Karachi 2001. What happened in that game is about the only thing I respect Bucknor for, because he didn't take any **** that Moin Khan was doing. What was so funny about that game in 2001 was that Pakistan really shot themselves in the foot, as they ended up having to field in the dark and couldn't see the ball. Had West Indies been in a position to win then I agree that they should have gone off, but as Australia were the team in the driving seat then they should have continued.

Also your forgetting that it has to be unsafe for them to go off. No one wants draws, so they were obviously going to play on if it was safe.

------------------

Australia were given a certain amount of overs to get it in, and they did it.
    Just saying before you go around accusing other countries of time wasting, England was involved in the same thing in Ashes 2009 at Cardiff...

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Scheduled close of play was 5:00p, they went over by 30 min.. they took until 6p to finish it. Fail! I still call this a draw. I demand my CF dollars back!
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

What about the rain interruption and lost overs due to slow over rate ?

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    ^ That was an act of God.. as to the slow over rate, everybody does it, big deal. I don't think WI did anything deliberately. My point is that they took enough wickets before 5:30p to scare the **** out of Aus in the 2nd innings and fully deserve a draw. Aus simply failed to get the runs in time. If they played till 6p, they should've done the same on every day.
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

Stop it already, I lost 1.3 Billion here.

^ What? You didn't lose anything?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverDrive View Post
    Just saying before you go around accusing other countries of time wasting, England was involved in the same thing in Ashes 2009 at Cardiff...
    Yes an I think they were wrong to make it a time situation then as well. Should always be an overs scenario IMO, you should see the bollocks they get up to in football to waste time. England embarrassed themselves with their unsporting behaviour in 2009.
    `
    Scheduled close of play was 5:00p, they went over by 30 min.. they took until 6p to finish it. Fail! I still call this a draw. I demand my CF dollars back!
    Nah I'm totally calling bull**** on this. In England they go on until 7:30pm sometimes, scheduled close of play is 6:00pm. If you've lost **** loads of time then you should make as much time up as you can IMO. Also you talk about the scheduled close of play, but what about the scheduled amount of overs left? Australia didn't get as many overs as they should have, and still won, despite WI's unsporting antics. Bravo to them IMO.

^ That was an act of God.. as to the slow over rate, everybody does it, big deal. I don't think WI did anything deliberately. My point is that they took enough wickets before 5:30p to scare the **** out of Aus in the 2nd innings and fully deserve a draw. Aus simply failed to get the runs in time. If they played till 6p, they should've done the same on every day.
    Act's of God which have the ability to be made up.

With regards to the overrate; you say everyone does it, but then said WI did nothing deliberately? So everyone does nothing deliberately?

Stop being such a sore loser, your embarrassing yourself.

------------------

This test was only the second time that a team declared behind a won. Michael Clarke What A Great!
    FTB you say?

Piethepker is offline Captain
    Clarkes a good captain, Like him more then ponting

Blog Entries
    Have always wanted captains to declare behind. I thought Gayle should have done the same thing at the same venue 3 years go against England. We scored 600-6 and I thought WI should have declared on around 550. Instead Gayle let the test go nowhere as they scored 749-9 declared and we finished with 230-2.

I've been impressed with Clarke and de Villiers recently with their innovative captaincy. It seems a bit of youth takes away the fear factor of making a odd decision that backfires.

All your hatred of Clarke last year seems a bit silly now doesn't it? (You meaning the Aussie public)
    FTB you say?

i never hated clarke, Though he did get on my nerves sometimes, With his girlfriend and stuff

Blog Entries
    I remember he go booed against us at the SCG. 12 months later they all cheered at the same ground when he kissed his badge to celebrate a triple century.

Reading Jarrod Kimber's, "Australian Autopsy", and he says he doesn't think Clarke should captain Australia. Wasn't happy with his fishing on the first day at the MCG FTR.
    FTB you say?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverDrive View Post
    ^ What? You didn't lose anything?
    I had 380 Million on Draw multiply that by 2.6 = 988 Million, add them = Almost 1.4 Billion

That's if you had won dude

Same story with bugoo

Rager is offline Coach
    I demand to appeal to Australian Cricket Board for a draw.

Dear Cricfire Members,

As we understand you are very unhappy with the result of this game and some are even demanding their money back. Well, Cricket Australia would like to

Sincerely,
    Cricket Australia

Rager is offline Coach
    Dear Cricket Australia,

Thanks for the quick response. Although our committee is very disappointed with the response given.

We have decided to take this matter to the court. See you in court.

Yours truly,
    Cricfire Member
    Mr. Rager

For further analysis on this, please don't hestitate to contact me through Cricfire's main deskboard.
    Ph. Mr. Rager (Dial using letter phone pad)
    Fax. Rager. Fax (Dial using letter phone pad)

Blog Entries
    You lot are retarded. Stop being such sore losers.
    FTB you say?

Cribbage is offline Newbie Cricketer
    $CF
    You lot are retarded.
    Recurring theme I see.

Clearly Cabi failed to see the trolling here :troll:

Rager is offline Coach
    You lot are retarded. Stop being such sore losers.
    Dear Cabinet,

It has come to our attention that you have been a moderator of Cricfire for some quite long time. It is okay to not accept others view, but commenting on it, leaves us no choice other than assuming you are baiting others to take the bait and attack you back. We have been restrictive to personal attacks. We advice you to the reference book of Cricfire Laws to keep you updated. It can be found using the search button. As an admin, it would be wise if you refrain from such comments, it affects your/our/ forum/Cricket Society greatly.

It might be okay for someone to call you a "douche" "retarded" "sore losers", but calling someone else those words, puts a bad mark for the Cricket society. It shows that you have no intelligent other than calling people something that they don't want to hear.

I hope you are doing well in your end.
    Lastly, don't take this message as a serious threat, rather continue to abuse it.
    Cheers,
    Mr. Rager (Cricfire Forum Society)

Blog Entries
    If you could actually read (which is still up for debate FTR) then you would understand that everyone else is doing the baiting. You don't give any justifications of your points, and just repeat them to whether I say.

Go post some Giff ****
    FTB you say?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345