Sydney '08

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by robelinda, Jun 27, 2012.

1. robelinda

robelinda New Member

I didn't always *hate* India, but when all this IPL and DRS crap messed everything up, and that crappy 07/08 series, it became not about the cricket, and that just blows.

2. CSB

CSB New Member

Yeah the 07/08 series was when my dislike for India (and Flopdulkar) started.

3. robelinda

robelinda New Member

i'm 1000% positive that India will whitewash England later this year, will be too easy. India are ridiculously hard to beat at home.

and that whole spirit of cricket farce, what a tosser Kumble was, his team couldn't face a single over from a part time *spinner*, FAIL.

4. Rager

Rager Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I just watched T20 WC 07 that time, didn't care about India's other series.

5. CSB

CSB New Member

Yeah I think England's bowlers will do ok but their batsmen will FLOP against Ojha and Ashwin.

Then we'll have to put up with annoying Indian fans saying Ashwin is the next Bedi.

6. robelinda

robelinda New Member

i don't think i watched a single ball of that T20 world cup.

7. Rager

Get used to it. Kumble was the best thing that ever happened to us.

8. Rager

Yea, we won the cup out of blue... you probably thought about killing yourself with rope. :ponting2:

9. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

My dislike for India came when they beat SA in 08 to deny them a series victory. Then it got bad when they became number 1 and their fans started gloating like hell.

Tbh I can't really remember a date when I started hating India. It was something that grew and peaked before they toured SA and after the WC.

The Daryl Harper thing got me so mad as well.

10. CSB

CSB New Member

Kumble was a complete wanker. After that series a lot of Australians started calling him ANUS Kumble, in reference to how butthurt he was at his side getting raped by Clarke's part time dobbly spin.

11. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

I didn't watch any of the 2007 T20 WC either :giggle1:

12. CSB

CSB New Member

I didn't even realise there was a T20 WC until a couple of years after it had happened.

13. Rager

:giggle1:

Remorse is due.

Why would you? :blink1:

14. robelinda

robelinda New Member

I have to say i was always a fan of Kumble, before that evening. Terrific cricketer and person.

15. Rager

:giggle1: You make me laugh... A Cricket fanatic says he didn't realize there was a T20 WC only to moan about it years later. :ponting3:

What evening? You guys are such butthurts... always moaning about some incident which I have no clue of.

16. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

When the first T20 WC was on, I was 11 and didn't have pay for TV, which the WC was on. I didn't even know what Cricinfo was, so it was near impossible for me to follow it.

LOL at an Indian calling Aussies buthurt after Sydney 08.

17. CSB

CSB New Member

I didn't follow cricket that much back then. I would watch a few overs of a match here and there or if it was particularly interesting (like the Ashes in 06) but I wasn't a huge fan like I am now.

This was my reaction to the Indians are Sydney 08.

[​IMG]

18. robelinda

robelinda New Member

19. Rager

Now it is coming back to head. I was in India in 2008 and oh boy!! There were riots after that test. Not a pleasant day in India.

20. CSB

CSB New Member

They burned effigies of the umpires. Very primitive.