Sri Lanka unhappy with Ajmal's action

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CoverDrive, Jul 12, 2012.

1. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Administrator Staff Member

2. Rager

Rager Administrator Staff Member

Oh the irony. :giggle1:

You guys (Sri Lanka) invented chucking when Murali was on. :cantstop:

Funny how the system works.

3. CSB

CSB New Member

:ponting3::ponting3: What huge hypocrites. They had the biggest chucker of all time in their side and practically paved the way for guys like Ajmal to utilise the 15 degree rule, now they complain about it.

4. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Funny how England are mocked because the TABLOID media accused Ajmal of chucking, and now every BOARD has said they are unhappy with it since.

5. Rager

I think they should just eliminate the 15 degree rule now as the Murali is not on there anymore.

Nobody is mocking England, brother.

6. CSB

CSB New Member

I think doosras should be banned. Aussies and Poms don't bowl them. Why not? Because we don't chuck.

7. Rager

Fair comment. I don't think it requires the need to chuck to be able to bowl a doosra.

8. CSB

CSB New Member

But most people do end up chucking when they try to bowl doosras...

Murali, Botha, Ajmal, Harbhajan, Shillingford, the list goes on...

Funny how so many of these doosra bowlers say they have magical "elbow injuries" that mean their actions look funny... couldn't just be that they're chucking right? :ponting3:

9. Rager

Once in a while, everyone chucks. What can you do?

Even at my club level, Elite player chucks like no tomorrow and it's so obvious. And he still continues to chuck.

10. CSB

CSB New Member

Ban them!! :ban: :hitler:

11. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Also funny how they use this to their advantage.

12. Rager

Sure.

13. CoverDrive

They are elite players...no one says anything...

14. CSB

CSB New Member

:hitler: Always hated the 15 degree rule. Total BS and lets people like Botha abuse the system and throw to gain an unfair advantage.

15. Rager

I never liked chucking in general and trust me, it makes me furious whenever I see someone even blend a little bit of his arm while bowling. Makes me look like ****. :rage:

16. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

Has Ajmal been through the tests yet ?

17. CSB

CSB New Member

I dunno, but they are rigged anyway. ICC doesn't like to ban players who bring crowds, and Ajmal definitely does that.

Ajmal isn't a huge offender TBH, he bends quite a bit but I think it's within 15 degrees. Some others are massive chuckers (like Shillingford).

18. Rager

That rule is bogus.

19. CoverDrive

20. CSB

CSB New Member

Ajmal bowls with a bent arm, that is no problem. The problem is how much the arm straightens.

Some straighten their arm a ton (Shillingford) others do it slightly less (Ajmal) and then some have clean actions (Swann, Lyon)