Rob's mirrored videos

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by robelinda, Oct 31, 2012.

1. robelinda

robelinda New Member

I'll be uploading heaps of mirrored videos, request whatever you want, i'll upload it - reversed!

here's the first request

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

3. robelinda

robelinda New Member

oh wow, a left handed KP innings, that would be cool!!!!!

4. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Active Member Staff Member

he looks much better :omg: :omg:

and so many lefties...scary world that would be :fear:

5. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

One featuring a switch hit would be good too.

What I like about mirrored videos is the mind does tricks. Batsmen like Tendulkar look really lose and free flowing like Ganguly while bowlers like Lee and McGrath look really slingy like Vaas.

6. robelinda

robelinda New Member

7. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Active Member Staff Member

This is crazy stuff :crazy:

Agree! :thumbsup:

8. robelinda

robelinda New Member

9. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

Rob's a real bad-ass

:badass:

10. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

Rob should make a mirrored video of me batting so that Tendulkar could use it as a coaching manual.

11. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

People have that theory that left handers are more stylish.

Rob should do flipped videos of Cook :fear:

12. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

Left-handed batsmen in flow do make for a more graceful, silky look to my eyes too. And I don't say it 'cos I'm myself a LHB.

A mirrored video of Sohail Tanvir bowling will be cool too.

13. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

That would just be me, mahanty.

I shudder to think how Cook would look as a RHB.

Also, mirror Rory Hamilton Brown.

14. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

So you're a wrong-footed right-arm bowler ?

What do they say at the academy about your action then? Are they like, okay with it or have they ever tried to correct your footfall ?

A right-handed Cook will be somewhat closer to a Trott.

15. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

They used to try and correct it, but pretty much stopped when I turned into a teenager. I'm pretty accurate, have no issues with my line usually, and am reasonable pace. And crucially I get huge inswing. Do suffer from a bad back though, as a result.

See Mike Proctor. I'm not considered quick when I play with the same standard as me though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WKSiG4qdA&feature=related

16. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

Procter's lightning quick in that video. Very odd action which looks wrong-footed at a sudden but if you look closely, he's just about releasing the ball as his left foot lands, and his left foot lands pretty prematurely (almost in the middle of his right-arm arc).

Must have been a real challenge facing upto him.

17. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

A lot of people who bowl off the wrong foot don't have anything different about their run up etc...They just have a really fast arm that goes over before their front foot lands. It basically cancels out the loss of pace from bowling off your back foot.

Also, if you bowl of your back foot, you are at a higher point when you release the ball.

18. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

I can see how such an action helps you with the pace but it also does seem to generate a lot of lateral movement off the air. I guess the possible reason behind the movement could be the bowling arms being so 'vertical' at the point of release which is the case in Procter's action.

Amazing how he generates such pace with a rather short-ish run-up. Puts a lot of strain on the back obviously.

19. robelinda

robelinda New Member

Geez, the Wasim video was posted on cricinfo's facebook page, im getting RIDICULOUS abuse, so is cricinfo, read some of the comments on it, wtf is wrong with those people???????

20. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

LOL People are going crazy...:rofl: