Match Thread: CLT20 Match 6 - Sydney Sixers v Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Binning, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

[TABLE="class: altrowstable, width: 100%"]
    [TR="class: evenrowcolor, bgcolor: #F7F7F7"]
    [TH="bgcolor: #000000"]Date[/TH]
    [TH="bgcolor: #000000"]Time[/TH]
    [TH="bgcolor: #000000"]Match[/TH]
    [TH="bgcolor: #000000"]Venue[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: oddrowcolor"]
    [TD="width: 12%"]Tue Oct 16[/TD]
    [TD="width: 18%"]11:30 GMT[/TD]
    [TD="width: 35%"]Match 6 - Sydney Sixers v Yorkshire[/TD]
    [TD="width: 35%"]Cape Town[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [FLOAT-LEFT][​IMG][/FLOAT-LEFT] [FLOAT-RIGHT][​IMG]
    [/FLOAT-RIGHT]
    Sydney Sixers:
    Brad Haddin (c/wk), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Michael Lumb, Nathan McCullum, Nic Maddinson, Ian Moran, Peter Nevill, Steve O'Keefe, Ben Rohrer, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Dominic Thornely, Shane Watsonl​

Yorkshire:
    Andrew Gale (c), Moin Ashraf, Azeem Rafiq, Gary Ballance, Oliver Hannon-Dalby, Dan Hodgson (wk), Phil Jaques, Adam Lyth, David Miller, Steven Patterson, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Ryan Sidebottom, Iain Wardlaw, Eddie Wilson (wk)​

2. bablu1994

bablu1994 New Member

What a **** team logo Yorkshire have.

3. bossman19TT

bossman19TT New Member

4. Binning

^ I know man, I tried finding better one but can't really find any other logo.

5. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Don't really know who to support in this one. I want Yorkshire to do well, but I think SS can stop one of the IPL teams. I don't want Yorkshire to ruin it for them and then not get in themselves. But then again, if Yorkshire win, both sides could get through.

:hmm:

6. Binning

I think this should be an easy for for SS even without the "Australian Squad" :bean:

7. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Active Member Staff Member

Is that weed yo?

8. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Well, Watson will be playing if that's what you mean.

Obviously Yorkshire are very depleted, but don't count them out!

It's a white rose :rolleyes:

FFS, you have no basic County Cricket knowledge! :facepalm1:

9. Binning

10. bablu1994

bablu1994 New Member

white rose? really? is this a Girls Cooking team or something?

11. Binning

12. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Don't tell me you've never heard of the roses match?

13. bablu1994

bablu1994 New Member

WTH is a roses match? you throw roses at other team instead of balls?

14. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

:book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose_of_York

Traditionally the origins of the emblem are said to go back to Edmund of Langley in the fourteenth century, the first Duke of York and the founder of the House of York as a cadet branch of the then ruling House of Plantagenet.

The actual symbolism behind the rose has religious connotations as it represents the Virgin Mary, who was often called the Mystical Rose of Heaven.

The Yorkist rose is white in colour, because in Christian liturgical symbolism, white is the symbol of light, typifying innocence and purity, joy and glory.

During the civil wars of the fifteenth century, the White Rose was the symbol of Yorkist forces opposed to the rival House of Lancaster. The red rose of Lancaster would be a later invention used to represent the House of Lancaster, but was not in use during the actual conflict. The opposition of the two roses gave the wars their name: the Wars of the Roses which was coined in the 19th century.

15. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roses_Match

The Roses Match refers to any game of cricket played between Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Lancashire County Cricket Club. Yorkshire's emblem is the white rose, while Lancashire's is the red rose. The associations go back to the Wars of the Roses in the 15th century. These matches have a long and proud history and are traditionally the hardest fought matches in the English first class game, with many dour draws recorded as both teams battled to avoid the ignominy of defeat.

The term is occasionally used in connection with other sports where Lancashire play Yorkshire, such as rugby union.[1] and rugby league (War of the Roses).

16. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Active Member Staff Member

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

17. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

So, in conclusion, the Roses match is probably the most historic match of all time, far more so than India v Pakistan and even the Ashes....

18. Rain.

Rain. New Member

Sixers 2m.

19. Rager

Rager Active Member Staff Member

Oh really, Sherlock? :youdontsay:

:gossip:

Everyone probably throw roses on the batsman for entering in to bat then they throw some more flowers. :star:

20. Binning

Sixers Won, Bets Settled

:flintoff::flintoff: