Gayle visits girl hit by his six

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CoverDrive, Apr 20, 2012.

1. CoverDrive

CoverDrive Administrator Staff Member

[FLOAT-RIGHT][​IMG][/FLOAT-RIGHT]On Tuesday night, more than one person felt the heat of Chris Gayle's (81, 48b, 4x4, 8x6) powerful shots here. During the 13th over of the chase in which the Royal Challengers Bangalore opener carted Pune Warriors' Rahul Sharma for five sixes, one of the airborne strokes slammed into the nose of 11-year old Tia Bhatia in the stands.

The girl suffered nasal bleeding and amidst the commotion, she was quickly moved out and given medical attention by the Manipal Hospital staff present at the venue. Tia was then rushed to the Mallya Hospital.

“She was admitted on Tuesday night after she was hit by a ball on her nose. There was a nasal fracture and on Wednesday morning, we conducted a surgery. She is absolutely fine now,” said Dr. Kanchan Sanyal, Medical Superintendent, Mallya Hospital.

Though Tia was in a dazed state after the blow, her day was made when a concerned Gayle rushed to the hospital following the conclusion of the IPL match. Reportedly, he gave his medal for the highest number of sixes award to the pleasantly surprised girl, who sportingly exhorted Gayle to keep hitting those massive sixes. The moved opener later tweeted: “Visit Tia who got hit by 1 of my 6s, broken nose: (… her 1st word to me is to Chill, She's fine!”

According to sources, RCB is planning to invite Tia and her family to attend as guests for their next home match against Chennai Super Kings on April 25.

Meanwhile, bowlers and fans will remain wary of Gayle's muscular strikes that can dent bowlers' economy rates and threaten limbs.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article3329195.ece?textsize=large&test=1

2. Afridi

Afridi New Member

:hatsoff: Brilliant sir Gayle

3. Binning

Binning Arkham Knight Staff Member

Good by Gayle but poor little girl:( Nose of the 11 year Old. Hope she recovers fine

4. Afridi

Afridi New Member

4:24

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  5. CoverDrive

6. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Little girl couldn't catch a cold in February.

7. Rager

Rager Administrator Staff Member

I hope she gets hit more often like that. Deserved it.

8. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

Seriously, how can you be so **** at catching that you miss it completely and get hit on the nose?

9. CoverDrive

She was probably eating popcorn man and not even watching the match....and all of a sudden BOOM!

10. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

If she's not gonna watch the match, she can give the tickets to me!

11. Binning

^^^ Bud, She is an 11 Year old Girl, Not some under 19 talented fielder who could have easily caught that ball.

12. CoverDrive

13. Cabinet96

Cabinet96 New Member

My 2 year old sister can catch FFS.

14. Binning

^ No Comments

15. CoverDrive

She can catch YOUR teenee tiny sixes :ponting3:

16. Rager