Aakash Chopra - Spin Bowling & NZ

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by bossman19TT, Aug 29, 2012.

1. bossman19TT

bossman19TT New Member

Chopra's articles are among the very best, for me. In today's article on NZ in India he raises a VERY interesting point...

'Susceptibility to pace and bounce tends to get far more attention than weakness against spin. That's perhaps because, unlike pace bowlers, spinners don't pose a physical threat but the truth is that being bamboozled by spin can cause long-lasting mental scars.'

No doubt this is very true. India, in particular, have taken plenty flak for their failings in England and Australia during the past year, yet other teams' failings against spin are often overlooked...why is this???

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/579722.html

2. Bond

Bond New Member

Aakash always brings the gold...best writer on cricinfo by a country mile

3. bossman19TT

bossman19TT New Member

Not only on cricinfo, but I can't think of many writers anywhere who I enjoy as much as him

4. Bond

Bond New Member

Agreed. There's always something to learn from his columns. Given how much he knows...one has to wonder if he might make for a good coach or commie :shastri:

5. bossman19TT

bossman19TT New Member

This article in particular is an exact blueprint for playing spin bowling. Really really insightful stuff.

I agree that he would make an ideal coach or commie, his knowledge of the game is something else. I remember when I first read one of his articles I was so impressed that I went back and read all the ones that he had written since the start.

Awesome writer

6. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

Gun article...Gun writer:nice:

7. Rager

Rager Administrator Staff Member

NZ can pay him dough and ask him to teach a thing or two about how to play spin.

8. squashed.bugaboo

squashed.bugaboo New Member

Chopra is full of himself. He wrote an article about Laxman that was supposed to be a tribute to the great man, and pointed to the scorecard of that Ranji match so everybody could see he scored two double tons himself. What a douche! :facepalm1:

9. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

^I noticed that too.. :giggle1:

10. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

11. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

One of the best cricket writers going around. His book based on Rajasthan's upset Ranji victory back in 2010 is something that I plan to give a read soon.

12. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

13. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

14. bossman19TT

bossman19TT New Member

Read this article last night...spot on, as usual.

15. cricmahanty

cricmahanty New Member

A very good article indeed. A reminder to those people who b!tch about how India needs an Indian coach. As long as the coach knows his job well, the least one should bother about is what his nationality is.

Atm, my favourite candidate is anyone who has had not much but only a little sort of a coaching experience before and is young/rather recently retired. They're exactly the type of coaches that work well for India, Gary Kirsten and John Wright for instance. Someone who does his work away from the limelight and isn't a man with any baggage from past experiences, that's what India needs.

Stephen Fleming my man.

16. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

17. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

18. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member

Re: Aakash Chopra - Spin Bowling & NZ

Here Aakash talks about the Indian team selected to face Australia in the upcoming Test series: Jaffer's exclusion, Bhajji's inclusion and the curious case of Badrinath.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016 at 11:24 PM
  19. U2one100

U2one100 New Member

20. kumar713

kumar713 Active Member