Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons for India's defeats in Test Cricket ? What's in the Future ?

Binning is offline Super Moderator

Reasons for India's defeats in Test Cricket ? What's in the Future ?

I have really thought about this, like what's going on with India's Test performance. They have done very well in ODI format and haven't played many T20Is but we all know they have the talent to become a very strong T20 side. Indian youngsters have given priority to IPL rather than focusing on the longer format of the game. For the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman - they are just too old to play the game now. Although Dravid has retired.

Reason for Bad Performance - IPL being the Priority no one cares about Test Cricket even the Fans

What's in the Future of Indian Test Cricket - I think India's test side is gonna do even worse from here on all because the main focus is IPL.

Sides like England, Pakistan are not playing in the IPL and they are doing very well in Test Cricket

What do you guys think ? Everyone share their views on this.

Will this ever change ?

Piethepker is offline Captain
    It will, Australia doesnt have too many players in IPL

Tests are always the top, **** the IPL, It will get old

Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    Australia doesnt have too many players in IPL
    That's why they are doing well in Test Cricket.

------------------

Even the BBL has only like a total of about 30 games, ****ing IPL is like 70 + games and ****ing 2 months long

IPL isnt cricket, Its billionaires trying to make more billions in a cricket comp

It will get old

doubt it, crazy fans just wanna see sixes being hit. They really don't care about test Cricket. I remember when India did bad in 2007 one day world cup, they were treated badly . I don't think anyone even cared for them losing the Tests so badly. There's no love/passion for Test Cricket anymore in India.

Much different here... No one cares about T20 or ODI's, They are considered a fun event here, Not something too serious

Tests are much more serious.

^ Reason why Aussies haven't done very well in T20s, they were in transition after the Legends retired and suffered for some time but are now building a reasonably stronger Test squad.

T20 are a complete joke to us.

As Yuvraj said "I wish I had a work ethic like Kohli".....and as a result we're seeing Kohli do well at the Test level whereas rest of them don't have a work ethic like Kohli, so as expected, they are ****.

Priorities have changed in India! As a youngster, I would work towards my T20 game to ENSURE I can feed myself in future as a cricketer and once I am in IPL, I would work on my Test/ODI game to play for the country...

Even Kohli hasn't done anything special TBH, like in 16 test innings he scored 1 century and averages 32. But in ODIs he has like 11 centuries and averages 50+. What other players you see as future test Batsmen for India ? Indian bowlers TBH are just ****s

Arosha is offline Club Cricketer
    IPL & upcoming T20 WC will make it even worse for INDIA.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Absolutely man, I won't say that T20 cricket is not entertaining or something but there must be a balance of games being play like every tour must have 3 Tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20s. All the forms of cricket are very entertaining and must be given equal importance and priority.

Arosha is offline Club Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Binning View Post
    Absolutely man, I won't say that T20 cricket is not entertaining or something but there must be a balance of games being play like every tour must have 3 Tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20s. All the forms of cricket are very entertaining and must be given equal importance and priority.
    Also in every tour, first of all 3 test matches shud b played.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Cabinet96 is online now Coach
    Blog Entries
    I think Tendulkar, Sehwag and Laxman should all retire as well now. Your not going to be touring anywhere outside the SC, except for New Zealand, for 3 years now, so it's the perfect time to let new batsmen get used to test cricket. There's no point them continuing and then retiring in 2 years, leaving a poor soul to have his debut at Centurion with the South African's sensing blood.

This would be my XI for the first test against England:

Gautam Gambhir
    Ajinkya Rahane
    Cheteshwar Arvind Pujara
    Virat Kohli
    Subramaniam Badrinath
    Rohit Sharma
    MS Dhoni
    Ravi Ashwin
    Pragyan Ojha
    Zaheer Khan
    Praveen Kumar

You might lose the series, but it will help put you in much better stead for the next time you come to England. Look at how England did it for example. We dropped Hoggard and Harmison and lost to South Africa at home with passengers like Broad, but look how he is now.

A lot of your players could do with going to play county cricket instead of IPL as well. Look at someone like Vermon Phillander, he might not be as rich as Rohit Sharma, who if IIRC earns 2 million dollars a year playing in the IPL, but who do you think will have the better test career.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

Agree

India need to import some fast bowlers from other countries IMHO

I am not trolling or anything.

Cabinet96 is online now Coach
    Blog Entries
    This Finn lad still doesn't make our strongest XI FTR.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

Yeah, send him to India...

2 Million for Finn ?

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Actually, you're on to something here, Binning. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that what you described in passing will become a commonplace thing in the next 10 or 20 years. If players like KP and their likes are coming in hordes to play IPL just for the money (I mean, who are we kidding?), why not use the the money power and the clout to buy some lightning fast Pak bowlers or some really talented bowlers from SA/Aus/Eng, make them honorary citizens, pay them eight figure salaries and reap the benefits in Test cricket. That day is coming soon. Mark my words.
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

I wish BCCI could read this, if they can import bowlers hell they can run IPL twice a year who cares. India's batting will improve as youngsters get some experience away from home.

Importing bowlers is weak, Quit the ****ing ipl and focus on test cricket

even when there was no IPL India never had any good fast bowlers ? India just can't produce even 1 good fast bowler man. Even ZAK is more of a medium pacer. The guys who do bowl with some pace - Ishant and Yadav they suck anyways India's bowling have always been the weak link of the team. It was the Batting which saved India all the time, but the batting failed in the last 2 away series and we have the results of that

Rager is online now Coach
    A bit harsh on the Indian bowlers there Binning. Bowlers doesn't have to swing, bowl quick nor they have to be consistent with every delivery. The great likes Mcgrath, Warne, and today's great like Steyn, Lee, Ajmal (to name a few) go wicketless and perform badly sometimes. India have produced good bowlers. In fact, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar are the future stars of Indian bowling unit. Test Series against England last summer was one of a kind for India. Bowling unit actually did a good job. Features of Praveen Kumar and Zaheer Khan on the opening day of the first test, England batting looked like sitting ducks. No joke! It's was the bowling in pairs that made the England batting side threaten. Later that day, when Zaheer got injured, despite Praveen Kumar's hard efforts, India failed. What I have seen is that Indian players highly rely on someone else to perform. Dhoni claims they give their 100%, I think they don't even give their 1%. 100% takes brain, not simply run to the crease and throw a ball... which occasionally gets hit for boundaries then end of the day, whining starts to creep out.

With the current bowling unit, if they set their minds right to what they really want as the outcome, I personally think - Indian bowlers can perform much better than they actually do. Ishant Sharma, despite his experience in away tour, he continues to worsen. Maybe when he tried to copy Zaheer Khan's action, he got slided away rather than becoming good/better.

All in all, India does need bowling experience away from home - where they can actually learn a thing or two. In the next 3 years, I seriously don't see this happening. India is headed for the impending doom.

You might lose the series, but it will help put you in much better stead for the next time you come to England.
    You seem to have wings. Winning at home and winning away from home has the difference from land to sky.

Good point! Zaheer Khan is actually one of the best out there! He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I believe that Balaji needs to get a chance for India again! He has been swinging the ball and I have seen quite a few unplayable deliveries from him getting top quality batsmen out!

Ajit Agarkar bowled pretty well for the record as well. Anil Kumble is in the list of greats like Mcgrath, Warne. It is going to take some time for the transition to take effect. We will rock the world coming another series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    Ajit Agarkar bowled pretty well for the record as well. Anil Kumble is in the list of greats like Mcgrath, Warne. It is going to take some time for the transition to take effect. We will rock the world coming another series.
    Oh please

Kumble has been India's top class spinner. Agarkar's only brightest moment that I remember is from the Commonwealth Series. He took 6 wickets from one match on 40 runs, I believe. I might be wrong.

Why did it shock you, Pie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast