Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: MCG Portable Cricket Pitch Removal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,437

    MCG Portable Cricket Pitch Removal



    Amazing!

  2. #2
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is online now Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,466
    amazing... really amazing and great pitches

  3. #3
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    I thought they will show how they remove the pitch.

    Useless video.

  4. #4
    Binning's Avatar
    Binning is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,613
    Wow, nice video man. Thanks for sharing

  5. #5
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,147
    Blog Entries
    20
    Drop in wickets. Always results in **** cricket wickets What a ****ing pudding of an Australian pitch, disgrace to it's nation
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  6. #6
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    ^ Dude the MCG pitch has been good the last few years.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  7. #7
    Binning's Avatar
    Binning is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,613
    It's been producing good results.

  8. #8
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    ^ More like in favor of Australia. Biased pitch.

  9. #9
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    How is it biased in favour of Aus? We don't doctor our pitches like Subcontinent curators and poms do. Aus is pretty much the ONLY country where the captain/selectors have NO say in what the pitch will be like for the next match. Just look @ the summer just concluded. We had a variety of different pitches. Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide were ALL good for batting. (Brisbane suited us against NZ as we had the stronger batting side). But then in Hobart the curator prepared a vicious greentop which reduced the gap between the sides and let NZ win.

    Then the MCG pitch was reasonably slow but offered quite a bit of nip for the seamers.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  10. #10
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    I don't believe that.

  11. #11
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    When have you ever heard an Aus captain or selector talk about asking a curator to prepare a certain type of pitch? One of the Mitchells I think (the guys who have overseen the pitch @ the Gabba for like 40 years) said that anyone who tried to tell him how to prepare his pitch could get stuffed.

    What don't you believe?
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  12. #12
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    Hard to believe that. Especially when it comes from an Australian.

  13. #13
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Care to give any evidence or are you just going to reject my claim out of hand?
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  14. #14
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    What is your source? I can't just believe what you say... now can I?

  15. #15
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    My source is observations of empirical evidence... what's yours?
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  16. #16
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    I am the source.

  17. #17
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,634
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    How is it biased in favour of Aus? We don't doctor our pitches like Subcontinent curators and poms do. Aus is pretty much the ONLY country where the captain/selectors have NO say in what the pitch will be like for the next match. Just look @ the summer just concluded. We had a variety of different pitches. Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide were ALL good for batting. (Brisbane suited us against NZ as we had the stronger batting side). But then in Hobart the curator prepared a vicious greentop which reduced the gap between the sides and let NZ win.

    Then the MCG pitch was reasonably slow but offered quite a bit of nip for the seamers.
    Nonsense! Subcontinent pitches have moved away from being raging turners like 10 years ago. They're increasingly producing riveting contests like the 2008 Test match vs England and in fact even the series vs WI more recently. Welcome back from wherever you've been all this time.
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  18. #18
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    Yea! Welcome back to reality.

  19. #19
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by squashed.bugaboo View Post
    Nonsense! Subcontinent pitches have moved away from being raging turners like 10 years ago. They're increasingly producing riveting contests like the 2008 Test match vs England and in fact even the series vs WI more recently. Welcome back from wherever you've been all this time.
    While the first part is true the 2nd part is not. ALL that has happened is that the BCCI (at the request of sponsorship companies) have instructed Indian curators to create pitches that last for 5 days. AKA ROADS.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  20. #20
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    What is road anyways? Hard surface? what's wrong with that?

  21. #21
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    A road is a pitch that produces matches like these.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/indvsl20...ch/430881.html
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/456670.html

    Notice how Sachin scored heavily in both.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  22. #22
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,634
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    While the first part is true the 2nd part is not. ALL that has happened is that the BCCI (at the request of sponsorship companies) have instructed Indian curators to create pitches that last for 5 days. AKA ROADS.
    If they're roads, how come they're giving results? No need to throw around irrelevant words such as ROADS, so loosely.

    This is a road too.. I'd take a draw to a one sided victory any day. It means the other side was able to stand up to the scoreboard pressure.

    http://card.cricket.timesofindia.ind...tchid-1454.cms
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  23. #23
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    This is road too then: http://card.cricket.timesofindia.ind...tchid-1454.cms

    For Australia... and clearly, Australia had a say in that pitch.

  24. #24
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,634
    LOL. Ponting and Clarke made merry on their home roads, scoring double tons on the trot and put scoreboard pressure. Happens way too often. But oh, its only roads in the subcontinent. Yeah, take a hike.
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  25. #25
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    OK taking a hike... Anything else before I go?

  26. #26
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,634
    ^ That was addressed to CSB.
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  27. #27
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    Oh I see... Point it out please.

  28. #28
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    This is road too then: http://card.cricket.timesofindia.ind...tchid-1454.cms

    For Australia... and clearly, Australia had a say in that pitch.
    Yes that pitch was a road, but saying they had a say in the pitch conditions? That's a JOKE surely. WHY would Aus request for roads (where India bats well) when they'd seen them flop and fail for FIVE CONSECUTIVE TESTS on juicy pitches? Fail logic son.

    Quote Originally Posted by squashed.bugaboo View Post
    LOL. Ponting and Clarke made merry on their home roads, scoring double tons on the trot and put scoreboard pressure. Happens way too often. But oh, its only roads in the subcontinent. Yeah, take a hike.
    Where did I ever say roads were only in the subcontinent? You should pay more attention. I CONSTANTLY criticise the pitch in Adelaide (my home town) for being such a road. I believe I've used the words "flattest pitch in the universe" to describe it several times.

    As a great band once said, think before you speak, if you even speak at all.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  29. #29
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,421
    Cabinet has said it many times if not you.

    As for fail logic, Ponting out of blue scores runs... if not say in a pitch, I am calling it player-fixing.

  30. #30
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,147
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    ^ More like in favor of Australia. Biased pitch.
    Must be why they've lost their twice in the last 4 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    How is it biased in favour of Aus? We don't doctor our pitches like Subcontinent curators and poms do. Aus is pretty much the ONLY country where the captain/selectors have NO say in what the pitch will be like for the next match. Just look @ the summer just concluded. We had a variety of different pitches. Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide were ALL good for batting. (Brisbane suited us against NZ as we had the stronger batting side). But then in Hobart the curator prepared a vicious greentop which reduced the gap between the sides and let NZ win.

    Then the MCG pitch was reasonably slow but offered quite a bit of nip for the seamers.
    Well, ironically there were calls for you to prepare a lightening quick one at the G in the Ashes, after you'd beaten us at Perth. Ironically, because it's a drop in wicket, you couldn't do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    When have you ever heard an Aus captain or selector talk about asking a curator to prepare a certain type of pitch? One of the Mitchells I think (the guys who have overseen the pitch @ the Gabba for like 40 years) said that anyone who tried to tell him how to prepare his pitch could get stuffed.

    What don't you believe?
    Why do they have to do it publicly? All they have to do is have a quiet road with the groundsman. That gabba groundsman sounds like an idiot to be honest. Although, he did prepare a road where Alastair Cook got 235* on, so I do kinda like him
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast