Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33

Thread: Forum Frustrations

  1. #1
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Forum Frustrations

    What are some of the things that really bug you on forums.

    I'll go first:

    - Posting something really long and then when you click post it comes up with a database error and you lose everything

    - Going onto a thread, reading a few posts, then repying relevantly to them; only to find that you've missed 3 posts on the next post, making your post look retarded. What more you don't realise this so you leave the thread and start looking at other threads, only to come back and see everyone giving you abuse for it.

    - ****s being lazy

    - People posting smiley's in an argument with me that I take as a personal insult to my manhood

    - People jumping on bandwagons, even when it's not their opinion. Usually it's just because they like being a **** to me as well.

    How about you?
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  2. #2
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,462
    never worried me much

  3. #3
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    - When people like Binning abuse with the same phrase over and over again. For example, "That's what you get for hating on Sachin." Grow the **** up, and act like you a grown up for once.

    - Troll smileys - they bugged me a lot. Probably why I removed the most annoying ones, troll and yao.

    - Double posting (fixed now, Ajax bug).

    - having to read 2-3 pages of long long discussion and when I finish, I have no idea what I just read. DAFAQ moment.

    - replying to a post with "^" and at the same time, someone else replies.

    - obvious posting and questioning. Kingamon's posting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    - Going onto a thread, reading a few posts, then repying relevantly to them; only to find that you've missed 3 posts on the next post, making your post look retarded. What more you don't realise this so you leave the thread and start looking at other threads, only to come back and see everyone giving you abuse for it.
    This one gets me so many times

    - Posting something really long and then when you click post it comes up with a database error and you lose everything
    Forum should autosave your post every 30 seconds or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    - having to read 2-3 pages of long long discussion and when I finish, I have no idea what I just read. DAFAQ moment.

    - replying to a post with "^" and at the same time, someone else replies.
    +1

  5. #5
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Youtube's captcha system.

    I've entered like 50 million verifications and uploaded tons of videos, surely you know I'm not a bot by now.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  6. #6
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    ^ This thread is about only forum frustrations.

  7. #7
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Youtube is a forum, technically.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  8. #8
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    Yeah... no...

  9. #9
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Yeah it is. Do we need to argue about this too?

    Any internet message board (which is what the Youtube comments section is) is a forum.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  10. #10
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    It's not that... Youtube is more of a video site than a forum.

    I guess comment section can be taken as a forum. Problem is that its not organized enough like this forum is.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,413
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    Youtube's captcha system.

    I've entered like 50 million verifications and uploaded tons of videos, surely you know I'm not a bot by now.
    Happened to me too when I was posting in your comments section. So, I was like **** THIS ****

    So, this is a recent one:

    When CSB and Cabi argue over nothing for over two pages and when you're finally done reading their argument, you forget what the initial argument was...

  12. #12
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    We're the most argumentative.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  13. #13
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    Not really... discussion between you and Cabinet is like bickering between couples.

  14. #14
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    Because bickering between couples doesn't count as an argument?

    Great logic.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  15. #15
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    I need to buy some more popcorn for the next installment of your's bickering. Remind me on the weekend.

  16. #16
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    still think I'm an alt of Oscar's?
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  17. #17
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    more like 2 stubborn wife and husband fighting over some swing.

  18. #18
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    We have tons of arguments like that on Youtube, and lots more before I was a member of CF.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,413
    Why have you adopted this 'nice' nature on CF? I wanna see some proper arguments

  20. #20
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    We have tons of arguments like that on Youtube, and lots more before I was a member of CF.
    you guys bore me.

  21. #21
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,462
    Profile pictures annoy me, Like CSB and coverdrives

  22. #22
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    Profile pictures annoy me, Like CSB and coverdrives
    why are you crying like a baby in yours?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,413
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    P.S. Nice avatar.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    Coverdrive change your profile pic

  24. #24
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    why are you crying like a baby in yours?
    hes not crying, FFS watch DBZ

  25. #25
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    To someone who didn't know what DBZ was, they would assume he was crying.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  26. #26
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,462
    Hes screaming.

  27. #27
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    I know what DBZ is.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  28. #28
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is online now Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    hes not crying, FFS watch DBZ
    I am not a kid anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    To someone who didn't know what DBZ was, they would assume he was crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    Hes screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    I know what DBZ is.
    Knew it!! You are definitely not 20. Stop lurking around kid.

  29. #29
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,862
    DBZ has been around for ages man.

    And I don't even watch it, but nearly everyone knows what it is. It's where the "It's over 9000" meme came from. As well as some other memes.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  30. #30
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,462
    DBZ isn't a kids show, Amine in japan is made for adults

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast